Management 8….

Home Forums Deer, What Else? Management 8….

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Macy Ledbetter 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Melvin
    Participant

… on the ground!

Merry Christmas fellow sportsmen and Ladies….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Paul
    Participant

Looks like a wide one, let’s see a better picture.

Macy Ledbetter
    Keymaster

This is the year of antlers so it makes shooting those bucks we don’t want very easy. If he can’t grow a quality set of antlers this year, he almost certainly never will so whack and stack accordingly.

Macy

Gene
    Participant

I have a ranch near Richland Springs and have planted a 5 acre cool season food plot with Oats, Wheat, Clover and Turnips. Neither deer nor hogs are showing any interest in the turnips but are feeding heavely on the other items. Do deer eventually learn to eat turnips?

Macy Ledbetter
    Keymaster

Great question and yes, once they LEARN what it is, they will eat them. They will, however, wait until the turnip is grown and mature (late winter)before consuming it. So the foraging lasts only one week or so before they are all gone.
    I also live and hunt in northern San Saba, less than 15 miles from you. I always throw in a handful of turnips in my food plot mix and they do very well in the loose deep sand.

Macy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A comprehensive wildlife & habitat management company