High Fence

Home Forums Deer, What Else? High Fence

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Macy Ledbetter 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ducky
    Participant

I am on a deer lease so high fencing is out of the question for me…however, I am wondering if high fence areas are regulated, directed, and permited by parks and wildlife? I suppose they are ….but do they do a census and does the landowner have to pay for that service? Also does the property automaticly become a level III management area?
    Another question on high fences..is it legal to build a partial fence on one side of the property to purposely redirect the deer traffic. I don’t think I would ever do that, but would be very tempting if you believe that your neighbors are over harvesting.

thanks for your help

Melvin
    Participant

Not sure about all of your questions, but I do know level III management isn’t automatic. You have to apply for it.

Macy Ledbetter
    Keymaster

TPWD has zero influence or affect on high fencing. Fencing in Texas is a private property right issue and the law states a person can build a fence in any manner as long “as it does not impact sunlight or flow of water.” The MLDP program is habitat based and has zero impact to fencing requirements as well. The MLDP is habitat based and incentivized to encourage proper habitat and herd management so you don’t even need a fence at all to qualify. Check out the Article on this site about High Fences and on the MLDP program for many more details.

Thanks,

Macy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A comprehensive wildlife & habitat management company